'Destination Summer' - Delights Retreat Layout #1

2:00 PM

This year at the Delights Retreat I was in a scrappy zone! The mojo was flowing thick and fast and I found ideas coming to me for the challenges that I just wouldn't normally think of. 

This resulted in me being at retreat for a total of 48 hours and managing to pump out 15 layouts and 1 card. I think that is more than the last 2 years combined where I have seriously struggled to get my mind around it.
(And thanks to some good weather over the long weekend, I have been able to photograph every single layout that I completed)!
To kick of the share session of all of the layouts completed at retreat, is the first layout that I completed at retreat. We were provided with 2 small Words or Whatever wood veneer frames and the challenge was to incorporate them into the layout. Now, being an ex-dt member for Words or Whatever, I have used these frames before and I love them. I just wanted to use this first layout as a jumping off point for the mojo. Nothing too full on and not putting pressure on myself to produce a masterpiece. I just wanted to document the photo and story as simply as possible.
Destination Summer


I have left the light wood veneer messy circle raw as the colour worked so well with the photo colourings.


I have also used the 'Destination' chipboard title, 'Summer' chipboard title and the chipboard arrow. These have all been painted with Tim Holtz paints. Paints are one of the best coverages for chipboard that wont let the original grey colour show through, and they give the most versatility with colours to match your project.


So there is the first in a long line of blog posts yet to come. Stop back soon for more retreat inspiration.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images