'Just Beautiful' - Delights Retreat Layout #6

7:30 AM

This layout would have to be my second favourite that I completed at the Delights Retreat. The challenge was white with one colour and you had to use some of the roll of ribbon provided. While I was checking out the ribbons in the box, there was one that was a white flat twill tape. The moment I saw it I knew what I was going to do with it.
 
Just Beautiful


I love using white products because most of them can be customised to suit your colour tones. The white flat twill tape was sprayed with a mist (I cant remember which brand now) which was the perfect colour to match the intended layout. Now, not all layouts got to the original plan. This layout was intended to have the mist sprayed onto the cardstock, but as I love how clean white products look on white cardstock, I left it alone.

 
The flowers used on the layout are a paper product, so I knew that I would be able to mist them the same colour as the ribbon to match. I was very lucky to have the perfect colour foam thickers at my fingertips and, one of the best parts of sitting with friends at a retreat, the black alpha stickers were provided by one of those friends (thanks Jo).


I simply love this layout. This is one of those masterpiece layouts where there was no pressure, but the moment I started making decisions such as misting the ribbon, I was confident with where the design was heading.... and it didn't disappoint!
Plenty more coming up on the blog over the next little while, including 2014 December Daily glimpses, using Project Life cards of other projects and my hens day album from 2012.
 
Hope to see you back again soon x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images