'Lovely Always' - Delights Retreat Layout #10

6:30 AM

What a challenge this layout was to pull together! It was based on a recipe challenge that also called for the use of the buttons provided. Lucky they were in the colours that I already scrap in, so the colour combination was the least of my worries. I had papers that matches with me, but we were only allowed to use 3 different ones. Now, when I have a restriction like this put on me, I struggle to think about how this can all pull together. In this case, something just clicked and using the white torn edge as a feature just felt right.

Lovely Always


To use the buttons, I wanted to make a photo corner. I wanted to stack them so that the colours were combined as one rather than trying to strategically place them all around the layout.


I made the bottom corner fuller that the top, but this was to add to the rest of the cluster area. The bow and ribbon pieces were left overs from the misted twill tape from the earlier white with one challenge.... If its on my desk at retreat, there is a very good chance that it would be coming home stuck to something!


I have fun with this layout, especially building button towers and doodling around the edge of the papers. I'm really happy with the layout and this was a memory that needed to be added to my album.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images