'Nothing But Love' - Delights Retreat Layout #3

7:30 AM

Delights Retreat layout #3 again saw a challenge using Words or Whatever products. This time it was chipboard words. I'm sure I have plenty of layout already with these words on them, but because they are super awesome, I could use them all the time and they will all look totally different.

There are plenty of layouts around with our beautiful dog on them but not many with me in them too... I'm not sure how many others have fun on a cold Saturday night by taking selfies with the family dog, but we all know how much I love a good selfie, right? lol

Nothing but Love


The chipboard pieces have both been embossed with liquid platinum powder. After watching many YouTube clips on embossing (which I originally thought was really difficult to do) I finally bought the stuff I needed to give it a go. This was back in December 2013 for my first December Daily album. The embossing powders that I got just didn't give that awesome 'melting before your eyes look'. So after Christmas I
bought a different brand embossing powered - unsure what brand but the colour is liquid platinum - and I love it. It gives that awesome look, and I love watching other peoples faces as it changed from powder to the metallic look.


I'm still not sure if that black foam thicker bracket looks more like a smile or a moustache than an accent, but I think it works.


I love the effect that white flowers can have on a layout. They are just simple and there is no colour matching involved. The resin dot is from The Resin Rainbow and the flair is from {A Flair for Buttons}. And you all know how much I love my flair. Most of the flair I use is from {A Flair for Buttons}. I usually do an order once a year, but its a big one ;-)


I wanted to make a point with this photo, and that is about using every bit of the papers that you buy. These gorgeous wood look strips are the branding strip of a patterned paper that I used some time ago. I just couldn't bring myself to throw it out and now I have found the perfect use for it! It pays to use every little bit of these beautiful papers that we spend so much money on.


So there is retreat layout #3. There are plenty more to come so don't forget to come back soon x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images