'Picture Perfect' - Delights Retreat Layout #7

7:00 AM

We are back to the Delights Retreat shares for today, now that I have you scared about thinking December is so close! The challenge was to use 1, 2 or all 3 of the Flair sponsored but the Scrap Girls. 2 worked perfectly for me on this one.

This layout was an interesting one to pull together. I had an idea which I wasn't too sure about to start with, so I started playing around with it to see where it would take me (all while chatting and laughing with friends). I just wanted to see what the idea would look like if I just layed it out there. One of the main things I was worried about with this layout was my colour choices. It is such a special photo that I was putting a little bit of pressure on myself to make sure I did the photo justice. 

I chose my papers and went to work playing around with the washi tape background. And it turned out that my colour choices were never anything to worry about. The photo popped just as I wanted it to.

Picture Perfect


When playing with so many patterned layers, you will always need black or white to ground the layout and I was able to use more of the transparency from an earlier challenge to do so on this one. The chipboard title is from Words or Whatever and has been gold embossed. And another couple of those gorgeous resin dots from The Resin Rainbow.


One design element that I have never been able to use was the small frame over the bigger photo. I has just always looked wrong. This layout was the perfect one to use it on. It highlights both the 3 of us in it, but also the best part of the view in the background. It draws your eye, and this was exactly what this page needed for this story.

You can see how the washi tape background sits here too.


I love having these little clusters at the top or bottom of the page to tie all of the elements back in. This one has a little bit of everything that is on the rest of the page, including one of those gorgeous flair buttons (one of my all time favourite elements)!


I just love how this page pulled together. And that giving something a go and not being scared to make mistakes (or fail) isn't a bad thing.... its simply a learning curve for the better!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images