December Daily Kit Preview 2015 - Gossamer Blue

7:30 AM

This will be my 3rd year doing a documenting December album, and I did wonder what would be so different from year to year, but by doing this project, I am very clearly seeing that there is plenty that changes. And the things that done change, I am forcing myself to look at them from a different angle.

Each year I have purchased a pre-done kit and this year is no exception. I do however bulk the kit out with extras to suit and I wanted to share all of this here before we start the downhill slide into December (and things start getting used up).

This year I found the Gossamer Blue kit very appealing, so invested in it. I loved the colours and that there isn't too much Northern hemisphere focused, which is important when we have hot days rather than snow.

The basic kit includes an album with several different layout page protectors, plenty of 6x8 double sided papers and lots of little things like sticky notes, stickers, washi tape, chipboard, sequins, twine and little silver bells.


To match the page protectors, there are plenty of different sized double sided cards, wood veneer, cork shapes and plastic pieces.


This was one addition that really appealed to me, and it is the planner pages. There is a whole month calendar and 5 week to a view sets, all with to do list space at the bottom of the day, This is going to be super handy in keeping track of a busy month. And, if by chance I don't finish the album in December, these will help me to remember the days events.


When purchasing the kit, I also signed up for the class, which has been running for all of November so far, and it have been worth it. Along with the class was the class kit that I purchased. It contains a few more cards and a stamp set, which is very planner based. I love it!


To add to the kit, I have purchased just about the whole Snap 'Clause & Co' set. There is already a little bit of this in the kit, so the rest of the range will compliment what is already there. I will also use some of this for a sneaky Christmas card here and there too.


I have also picked up a set of Kaisercraft Collectable to add to the mix, and raided my Words or Whatever stash for everything Christmas themed that I had. These have all been compiled into a snap lock bag for easy access.


As I have been doing this for a couple of years now, I have a container set up with all of the Christmas themed items in it ready to go. It has a whole range of journal tags, sequins, twine, spare PL cards and stickers (generally anything left over from the last two years) that will be added to everything shown in this post. It might seem like a lot, but when I get into it, it becomes a good combination of the staple elements.
I am excited about getting started again this year. Those that know me well, know that I cant pre-plan my album, so it is completed as it goes. Its what works for me and I have 2 years worth of albums complete from 1st December right through to the 26th December, so I must be doing something right!
Check back over the course of the month and I will share some of my progress.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images