'Paradise' Desk Frame - Hawaii Theme

7:00 AM

I bought this little frame a while ago now, with the idea that I could put a quick photo in it then put it either on my scrap desk or my work desk. The frame wasn't too expensive and was purchased from Harvey Norman. The frame comes with the photo mat in it and the insert space is 4x4 inches. Just perfect for an Instagram photo.

This little project took no time at all to piece together, and would make a great little gift idea. Especially with Christmas just around the corner.

The photo that is in the frame was taken on our last trip to Hawaii in 2014 so I have gone with a tropical 'Hawaiian' theme for this project and it gave me the change to use some of my absolute all time favourite chipboard pieces.


All of the pieces that I have stuck down are Words or Whatever products. The pineapple, which is one of my absolute favourite pieces, has been coloured with sharpie makers, a gel pen and Tim Holtz distress ink. It has been stuck directly to the outside of the glass.


Another of my favourite pieces of chipboard that Words or Whatever have released are these mini palm trees. They look great coloured in black as a silhouette or in colour. This occasion I went with colour. These have been coloured in with sharpie markers and Tim Holtz distress ink. My next step was to make sure that there was a layered effect - One stuck on the outside of the glass and the other directly to the frame.


The paradise title is a Words or Whatever light wood veneer. It was actually the last piece that I pulled out of my stash for this project and I really wasn't sure where I was going to stick it, but I'm really happy that I worked with it to make it fit my idea.


For now this frame will be staying in my scraproom. It is proudly on display on top of my bookcase. It will end up on my scrap desk once my scraproom makeover is finished.


This project took all of half an hour to pull together. So simple yet so effective for personalising items either for yourself or as gifts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images