'Merry & Bright'

7:30 AM

I was playing around with some of the larger Christmas text chipboard pieces from Words or Whatever back in October, ambitiously trying to scrap a few 12x12s from Christmas last year, and I wanted to try something a bit different.
In this world with Smash and Project Life, we tend to reach for smaller elements for our scrapbook pages these days. I wanted to change that. I wanted to use this larger text piece and use a smaller photo. I wanted to show to myself that I can still use larger titles without using large photos.
 
Don't get me wrong, this wasn't the easiest task. I had to be very careful with the layout design and the elements that I chose to embellish with so that it wouldn't over power the photo. I am fairly happy with the result.
 
Merry & Bright
 

The background patterned paper was cut off centre so that it looked like it came from a larger sheet, rather than with the blank space border that came on it. It took a bit of thinking before I cut it to make sure that it was right, but it worked on this occasion.
 
I haven't used brown ink around the edges of paper for a long time now, but I felt this layout just needed to pull it through together. It felt good to ink again :-)

 
The chipboard piece has simply been coloured with 3 different coloured sharpie markers - Red, Green and Gold. When using marker colours on the grey chipboard, it will not come out as bright as the original colour on white. In this case, that worked perfectly for the look I was after.

 
I wanted to add another piece at the top of the photo and arrows are always good to draw attention to elements on your layout. This piece was snuck out of this years Documenting December kit.
 
And no Christmas page is complete without a few sequins!
 
Thanks for calling past. Leave some love if you can. I would love to know you were here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images