2015 in Review - Hello 2016

7:52 AM

2015 seems to have been that year that flew by. And don't the years seem to be getting quicker and quicker?

I wanted to do a blog post review on 2015. The highs and the lows, and a couple of favourites from the past 12 months.

To start, I achieved nothing in the lead up to Christmas that was on my list, but that's ok. Life simply got in the way, and I was exhausted. When it came to crafting over the Christmas break, I opted for adult colouring in books and catching up on tv shows. I was relaxing, but I feel a little guilty for not getting into my scrap room and even piecing together a single layout.

2015 saw us buy and move into our first house. We have changed wall colours, bought new furniture and made minor improvements to make the house our home and more our style, and it is still a big work in progress. I'm sure most houses are a work in progress for the whole time you are there, so I am prepared for a long haul on this one and there is no rush.

We ventured to Canberra for the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landing in World War I. We climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge to celebrate on amazing ladies 80th birthday. I got into baking at the start of the year, and this died off as the year went on.... But due to my 'magic oven' I can now make scones and they are good (if I can say so myself)! I started sewing (just to add another hobby to the list. We saw Les Mis in Sydney and had a lovely night at the theatre. We attended a couple of AFL games in Sydney, and watched our nephews in their first season for our local club. Convoy was another big one for the Illawarra and The Peoples Truck. The fire pit was used on several occasions our the back of our house and we discovered how great our house is for entertaining. Barry the elf returned with some mischief and there were plenty of cuddles with our furbaby. All in all, life was busy but eventful. There were no holidays for us in 2015, so by the end of the year it was shear exhaustion, but we knew that we would be planning for bigger and better in 2016.

My scrapping/crafting died off in 2015, but after creating my to-do list, I have been crossing many things off this list, which has felt very rewarding. Its nice seeing things come together and the memories not lost... and the hard work worth it in the end.


2016 will be a year of making memories, adventures and holidays, planning and decision making. I want to get back into my craft room, get more albums finished from holidays gone by, finish my Documenting December album from 2015 and get the room organised now that I have my new desk in place.

I want to pause life a little more often, say NO when things are getting out of control, and basically put myself first.

I am using a planner this year rather than a standard diary to keep organised, and those of you that know me, know that I cant live without my diary. The up side to the planner is that I feel I can be a little more creative with it, but it has a monthly goals section that I can use to keep myself on track. I am also mindful to keep goals realistic and take small steps to achieve them.

I will post more about holidays and my planner in up coming posts.

I hope you saw in 2016 in a great way and have fond memories from 2015, regardless of how big or small.

Heres to 2016 being a fantastic year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images