'Sashimi'

6:30 AM

I love raiding hubbys phone every now and then for photos that he has taken and we have forgotten about! There are always a few that a gems in the bunch and cant be overlooked to be documented. This photo was no exception. It was a day that I did something I have been saying I would do someday... one of those things that are the 'I will get around to it one day, but today just isn't it'. I guess it was a very minor bucket list item (they cant all be big items can they).

We love our sushi and the amount of times I have watched them put the sashimi plates out on the train and thought 'one day', 'one day I will try a full plate of sashimi and as I do love both salmon and tuna, it will have to be the mixed plate'. 'One day I will be able to afford it'!


That day came. And I loved it. And I didn't feel guilty for spending so much on a small plate of raw fish!

This was a memory that I really needed to document, and I am so lucky that I found this photo on that phone.


This page was a great use of 6x6 paper pads, which most of us have hiding in our stash. This fussy cut piece had already been cut out, so the hard work was done. I just had to stick it down. The vellum star was a last minute addition and was found when I was flicking through old kits.... It worked well I think.


I wanted to put something extra around the photo on the journaling side, so dug out this piece of light wood veneer from Words o Whatever. It was enough to just add a bit of dimension to the layout.


This page is a bit top heavy for what I am used to, but I am glad to have again tried something new. It was a memory that I just couldn't walk past documenting, which I think we all have. Sometimes its just a matter of how long it will take for the right inspiration to come along to be able to tell the story.

And I have just noticed that I have missed adding the date to it... best I do that before it is filed away in an album.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images