Returning to Reality - Missing Hawaii

6:00 PM

If any of you follow me on Instagram you will know that we took a long needed holiday and headed back to the tropics of beautiful Hawaii for 3.5 weeks. It was a great holiday, allowing us to see and do things that have been on our Hawaii bucket list for a while, and take in the differences between the different islands.

I will do a separate blog post for each place we stayed, but this post is more to let you all know that I am still alive. Although coming back to reality has not been easy!


Our first stop was Hilo on the Big Island of Hawaii. What a great place to have spent time. The people are amazing here and oh so helpful (Its not everyday you get a hug from the lady who saved us hours at AT&T!). They love sharing their part of the world with you and there was always someone to talk to. Its also the gateway to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park which is a sight to behold!


Stop 2 was Napili on the island of Maui. Maui is a very different island to the Big Island, and had plenty of things to do. We saw Honu (sea turtles) in the wild on an uncrowded beach, touched the sky from the top of a Volcano and took the narrow, windy road to Hana to see the real Hawaii. This was our first ever AirBnB experience, we shopped and lived like locals, ate some amazing food and explored the historic town of Lahaina.


Our third stop was on the island of Oahu, but away from the main tourist area. We lived like locals in Hale'iwa on the stunning North Shore. I love the island of Oahu so so much, and having the chance to stay on the North Shore, rather than just a day trip was on that bucket list. It is the most laid back town, where everyone is so friendly and happy to have a laugh. This place was my relaxation place and I will be back (hopefully next time in their winter to catch placed like Pipeline pumping).


And if you are after shopping and hitting up placed to see and be seen, there is not going past Waikiki (even if it is just to eat at The Cheesecake Factory). After spending time away from here, my love for Waikiki is fading, but seeing Diamond Head always makes me smile. It is my reminder that I am in the Hawaiian Islands - my favorite place on earth.

For those of you thinking of heading to the islands, please leave your questions for me and I will answer them when I do the more in depth blog posts. I love these places, and would love to pass on this love and knowledge so that others can fall in love too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images